Louise Hay Affirmations
According to internationally renowned author and lecturer, Louise L. Hay:
"Life is Really Very Simple. What We Give Out, We Get Back."
Excerpt from her Book, You Can Heal Your Life
She goes onto say:
- What we think about becomes the truth for us
- Every thought we think is creating our future
- The thoughts we think and the words we speak create our experiences
Therefore, our Thoughts and Words are Potent and Powerful.
The mind and unconscious are extremely influential. Our thoughts create our beliefs, which can create our feelings, our behavior, and ultimately our reality.
- "To Affirm" something is to "declare or state positively"
- An "Affirmation" then is a "Positive Statement"
According to Louise Hay:
- Affirmations can be any Statement you make
- Learn to think in Positive Statements or Affirmations
- Continually make Positive Statements about how you want your life to be
- Always make your Statement in the Present Tense, such as "I am" or "I have".
Some Examples of Louise Hay Affirmations:
- I am slender
- I am prosperous
- I am eternally young
- I have a wonderful new relationship
- I am my own person
- I am joyous and happy and free
- I am totally healthy
- I love and approve of myself
- All is well
**Say these daily if they ring true for you. Write your own. Or even take it one step further and speak your affirmations into a tape recorder and listen back to them, several times a day.
There's something very profound about hearing your own voice speaking to you in such a direct, positive way.
Making Positive Affirmations a regular daily practice can truly begin the healing and change process that we want to see happen in our lives.
More about Louise Hay:
Louise L. Hay is a lecturer, teacher and bestselling author of numerous books. She is the owner and founder of Hay House, Inc, a publishing company that "helps people from around the world embark on a journey of personal growth and healing."